These Italian Antipasto Squares made with Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls are a great snack or appetizer that span the ages. I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com and had to share!
- 2 cans (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 4 oz thinly sliced salami
- 4 oz thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 oz thinly sliced pepperoni
- 4 oz thinly sliced American cheese
- 4 oz thinly sliced capocollo (cured Italian ham) or cooked ham
- 4 oz thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (12 oz) sliced roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 13×9-inch pan or spray with cooking spray.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll 1 can of dough into 1 large rectangle; place in pan. Press in bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of pan to form crust, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheets: Unroll 1 can of dough; place in pan. Press in bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of pan to form crust.
- Layer all meats and cheeses in order listed over dough. In small bowl, beat 2 eggs, the garlic powder and pepper with wire whisk until well blended. Pour over meat and cheese layers. Layer roasted peppers and olives over top.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll second can of dough into 1 large rectangle; press into 13×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheets: Unroll second can of dough; press into 13×9-inch rectangle.
- Place over top of layered ingredients. Pinch edges to seal. Brush beaten egg yolk over dough. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve warm.