Depending upon where you live, local farm stands and supermarkets will soon have farm fresh zucchini. Fresh grilled zucchini can’t be beat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red onion (about 1 large)
- 2 pounds small zucchini, cut lengthwise into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shaved fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle zucchini mixture with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss gently to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until zucchini is tender and vegetables are well marked.
- Remove zucchini from grill; reduce grill heat to medium-low.
- Grill onion an additional 5 minutes or until tender.
- Combine zucchini, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, cheese, and mint.