- 2 large spaghetti squash, halved
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, rub insides of spaghetti squash with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake until tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven and heat broiler.
- Once cool enough to handle, shred spaghetti squash with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned.
- Divide tomato sauce and sausage among halves and top with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is browned and squash warmed through – 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.