- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 Whole Thai peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup Peanuts, roasted
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 Green pepper, cubed
- 1/2 Red pepper, cubed
- 1/4 cup Water chestnuts, sliced
- 1/4 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- Peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or Sherry
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Corn starch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon White vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- Mix the chicken, water, cornstarch and soy sauce and marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Mix the seasoning sauce and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry the chicken until it is cooked. Remove and set aside on paper towels.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or large frying pan, stir fry the red and green peppers until they turn slightly black.
- Add the fresh ginger and stir fry for about 10 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add the seasoning sauce, stirring until thick.
- Add the cooked chicken, stir until thoroughly heated.
- Add scallions, Chinese or Thai peppers and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, add peanuts, mix well and serve.
You can make this dish for vegetarians by simply substituting sauteed or steamed vegetables, or even tofu, for the chicken in this recipe.