This recipe for Lemon Basil Chicken is a very quick and easy summer meal. Set up the marinade when you buy the chicken and leave it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook it. The flavors penetrate the chicken as it sits.
If you prefer you can cook it on the grill. This will impart a wonderful flavor that will complement the lemon, basil and garlic flavors. Serve with sliced tomatoes or a green salad and you have a light, summer meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- juice of 2 lemons, or about 1/3 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- fresh basil for garnish
- Put chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper and gently pound to even thickness.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic food storage bag; add chicken and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat an oiled grill pan, grill rack, or broiler pan. Arrange chicken on hot pan or rack and grill or broil for about 10 to 12 minutes, turning often.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.