I love the tartness of lemon. These delicate, buttery, Lemon Dimple thumbprint cookies filled with lemon curd are delightful with a cup of tea.
- 1 1⁄2 sticks (3⁄4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup prepared lemon curd
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. On low speed, beat in baking powder, then flour, until incorporated. Cover; chill dough 1 hour. Place lemon curd into a small ziptop food-storage bag; seal bag.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with nonstick foil, liners or parchment. Shape scant tablespoonsful of dough into balls; place 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. With index finger, make a deep indentation in center of each. Snip a tiny corner of ziplock bag and pipe lemon curd into dough indentations to fill completely (about 1 tsp per cookie).
- Bake 15 minutes or until cookie edges just begin to lightly brown. Cool completely on baking sheet on wire rack. Dust cookie edges with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
[Tweet “Lemon Dimple Cookies #cookies”]