Fresh, distinct flavors are what this Lemon Ginger Chicken Thigh recipe is all about. The lemon peel and fresh ginger deliver flavor that really makes this recipe sing. It is light and delicious. Serve with rice or a green salad for a healthy warm-weather meal.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 sliced green onions
- Lemon wedges
- Finely shred peel from lemon and then juice the lemon.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon peel, ginger and salt
- In another small bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, water and soy sauce.
- Rub lemon peel mixture under the skin of the chicken thighs.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken – skin side down.
- Cook 7 minutes or until well-browned.
- Turn chicken and add lemon juice mixture.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 14-18 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Transfer to plates. Drizzle chicken with pan juices and top with green onions and lemon wedges.