Lemon Ginger Honey Tea – Perfect for these bitterly cold days and nights. This combination of ingredients works well to soothe a sore throat.
- Lemon juice boosts the immune system, is a powerful antibacterial which provides a hostile environment for the growth of viruses and bacteria, helps shrink swollen throat tissue, and loosens congestion.
- Honey has antibacterial and antioxidant properties, coats the throat giving relief to the constant scratchiness, and helps to reduce nighttime coughing.
- Ginger is an anti-inflammatory, helps with an upset stomach, and helps to break down mucus.
- Chamomile Tea is said to help fight infection and relax muscles. Earl Grey gives a boost of energy and is said to improve the immune system and cure fevers.
- 2 thin slices peeled ginger
- 1 chamomile, or early grey, tea bag
- boiling water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey