Tilapia is a wonderful white, flaky fish that will take on whatever flavors you put onto it. It is not a heavy or overpowering fish so this recipe for Lemon Parmesan Tilapia is ideal for this type of fish. These flavors are delicate and complement this fish very nicely.
Tilapia is an easy-to-find fish. You can buy it in your local supermarket in either the frozen food section or in the fresh fish section. In addition, Tilapia is one of the less expensive fish choices. I often buy it in individually wrapped portions in the frozen food section of my market so that I can pull from the freezer as many pieces as I need for a given mean. It defrosts quickly and cooks quickly as well.
Serve this Lemon Parmesan Tilapia with your favorite vegetable or salad for a healthy meal choice.
- 2-1/2 lbs. Tilapia fillets
- 2-4 tsp. butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbl. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 lemons, sliced fresh parsley
- Rinse the tilapia fillets in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Top with butter or margarine and lemon juice.
- Broil about 4 inches from the source of heat for approximately 5 to 6 minutes or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Top each portion with 1-2 tbl. of Lemon-Parmesan Sauce; broil 2-3 minutes or until sauce puffs and turns golden brown.
- Place fillets on serving plate; garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.