Lemon Risotto – a light lemony touch that complements any dish. The texture of this lemon risotto is super creamy and adding the parmigiana cheese at the end makes it even creamier. I like serving this rice with a piece of fresh fish. It is a great meal to enjoy on a lovely Spring day.
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup parmigiana cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan heat butter and olive oil saute onions for a few minutes, then stir in garlic.
- Add rice and toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- With the heat on low, slowly add a little of the broth at a time when liquid is almost gone add a little more. This process should take about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice, then add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, serves 4.