With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I am starting to think about my meal plan. As with any holiday meal, setting a plan and trying to do things ahead of time help keep me sane. Almost never am I responsible for dessert. I usually ask someone else to bring in the desserts. This year, however, I am doing desserts myself…and I am NOT a baker. So, with that in mind my dessert choices and recipes will be simple. I found this Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe that appears to fit the bill. I will be making this pie on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving.
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.