Lime Cilantro Beef Fajitas – Simple and delicious. Instead of using the packaged fajita mix (which is good), sometimes I like to create my own beef marinade. I love the lime / cilantro combination. The lime tastes great and has the benefit of naturally tenderizing the beef and the cilantro packs a fresh flavor.
I like to serve this meal with rice or a green salad dressed with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar.
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 12 flour tortillas, warm
- In a small bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients – lime, olive oil, cilantro, salt, cumin, jalapeno, garlic.
- Place steak in a shallow container, and pour marinade over it. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight to tenderize meat.
- Drain the marinade from the meat. Grill the steak on a grill pan over medium-high heat for 4 minutes each side until just slightly pink in the center.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let stand before cutting into thin strips.
- In the same pan with the steak juices, add the bell peppers and onions. Saute the mixture for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain on a diagonal.
- Combine both the vegetables and the steak and serve with warm tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa and Guacamole