Anyone who knows me well will tell you about my love for mangoes! This is a wonderfully refreshing recipe (compliments of www.simplyrecipes.com). Enjoy a few scoops of Lime Mango Sorbet the next time you need a real treat. June is a great month for mangoes. They are in the stores now and are inexpensive. Give this recipe a try.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest from one lime
- 3 ripe mangos (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Pinch salt
- 3 Tbsp tequila
- Heat the sugar, water, and lime zest in a medium saucepan until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Cut the flesh from the mangoes
- Put the mango pieces, sugar water, lime juice, and salt into a blender. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- When ready to put the chilled lime mango purée into your ice cream maker, mix in the tequila. Process the mixture in your ice cream maker (Amazon sells a good one) according to the ice cream maker directions. Transfer mixture to a plastic storage container and freezer in your freezer until firm, at least 6 hours.
Yield: Makes almost 1 quart.