I find it amazing how sometimes the most delicious, indulgent foods have the fewest ingredients and are the simplest to make. A Lobster Poor Boy is a perfect example of that. A few really good ingredients make for a wonderful treat!
- Two 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced plus 1 wedged for garnish
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 New England split-top rolls, or potato hot dog buns
- Salted butter, softened to toast buns
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, for garnish
- Steam the lobster in 2 inches of boiling water until bright pink, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately shock in an ice bath, and then remove the tail and claw meat. Chop into bite-sized pieces and reserve.
- Mix the lobster meat, celery and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Fold in the mayonnaise and season with fresh pepper.
- Brush the outside of each roll with some butter and griddle or toast until golden brown. Fill each roll with the lobster salad and garnish with the chives.