This recipe for Lyonnaise Potatoes will be the perfect starch for any meal. Simple ingredients made into a wonderful dish!
Lyonnaise potatoes can be served as a side to most anything – from a roast beef or pork to bacon and eggs. Give this recipe a try when you are tired of the same old potato recipes.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place sliced potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in olive oil, then add onions. Saute until lightly caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and saute until onions are deep brown and garlic is soft. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Place skillet back on stove over low heat. Melt butter, then cover bottom of pan with 1/3 of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover potatoes with 1/2 of onion mixture. Cover with 1/2 of remaining potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Spread with the rest of onion mixture. Cover with remaining potatoes, and season with more salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and browned on top. Remove from oven and use a spatula to carefully transfer potatoes to a serving platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley just before serving.