- 1 medium mango
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Wash the cucumber well to remove wax or other residues. Peel in strips from end to end leaving some of the skin for a decorative look. Slice the cucumber.
- Cut the mango into slices by first cutting off both rounded “cheeks.” Score flesh of the mango into strips then use a spoon to separate the flesh from the skin (see photos below). Cut the mango slices in half lengthwise so that they are more similar in size to the cucumber slices.
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing. Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, mango and dressing. Stir well to coat. Either eat fresh or refrigerate until ready to eat. Stir well before serving to redistribute the dressing.