Okay – so maybe Manicotti isn’t a summer meal – but when you have a desire for something, the season doesn’t matter. Homemade Manicotti is very different from frozen Manicotti. The crepe of the homemade manicotti are light and delicate, not heavy.
This is a great meal for company and can be made ahead so that no work needs to be done when guests arrive. Make and fill the crepes, put them in the pan with sauce and cheese, cover and refrigerate. Remove pan from refrigerator to bring it to room temperature and bake as instructed below – – and dinner is done!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together
- Lightly oil pan and pour about 3 tablespoons of mixture into a 6 inch non stick frying pan
- Slowly swirl in pan and cook for about 45 seconds to 1 minute
- Flip over and cook another 45 seconds to 1 minute
- Remove and continue cooking until the rest of the batter is used
- Can make a day ahead, refrigerate.
- 2 pounds ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmigiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese,grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- marinara sauce
- Combine all ingredients, using a 11×7 pan or similar, coat bottom of pan with sauce
- Fill each crepe with the cheese mixture and roll up
- Place in pan add more sauce over manicotti and sprinkle with parmigiano cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes