What is a Superbowl party without wings? These maple Bourbon Glazed Chicken Wings offer a twist on the traditional wings recipe.
Serve these wings with your favorite dip – ranch, blue cheese, etc.
- 36 chicken wings (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pure maple or pancake syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Cut tips off wings; cut wings in half at joint.
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden. Add syrup, ketchup, bourbon and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. With wire whisk, stir in mayonnaise until smooth.
- Grill or broil chicken wings, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with sauce, 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve alongside blue cheese dip.