- 4 4-5 oz fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or maple flavor syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- salt and black pepper – to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Thaw fish, if it’s frozen.
- Preheat broiler
- For Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine maple syrup and orange juice and cook uncovered for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- Place fish on greased broiler pan and broil 3-4 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove and brush 2 tablespoons of glaze all over salmon.
- Turn salmon and broil about 5 more minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Stir pecans into saucepan with remaining glaze and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes or until glaze reaches the consistency of syrup.
- Plate salmon and top it with pecan maple glaze