These meatball poppers are a fun appetizer. They can be served with salsa or guacamole if you want to give the meatballs a Mexican twist or an Asian dipping sauce if you are in the mood for Chinese or Thai.
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 2c grated zucchini (leave peel on)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 3-4 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- olive oil, for cooking
- Toss chicken with zucchini, green onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper
(Mixture will be quite wet.)
To cook on the stovetop:
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Use a small scoop or a heaped tablespoon to scoop meatballs into the pan.
- Cook 8-10 at a time for about 5-6 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook an additional 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown and the centers are cooked through.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- Scoop meatballs onto the greased pan.
- Drizzle a bit of additional oil over the meatballs.
- Bake at 400 degrees 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- If desired, place under the broiler for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned on top.
Serve with guacamole, salsa, or your favorite dip.