With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I am looking for fun Mexican recipes that are delicious, kid friendly and easy to make. This Mexican Lasagna fits that bill. This recipe is easy enough to double if you are planning on having a crowd of people. Served with Margaritas! That will ensure that everyone has a good time!
- cooking spray
- 6 small corn tortillas cut into quarters
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of your favorite chunky salsa
- 1 lb cooked shredded chicken breast
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with oil.
- Place the quartered tortillas on the baking sheet and lightly spray with the oil.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Add the milk, sour cream, salsa, chicken, cream cheese, cilantro, scallions and salt. Stir to combine.
- Spray a 7×11 baking dish with oil. Arrange half of the tortillas in the dish. Spread half of the chicken mixture on top of the tortillas, then sprinkle half of the cheese on top. Repeat this for a second layer.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is golden brown.