This recipe for Mexican Mac and Cheese will please even the pickiest eater. It is great for the family or to put out at your next picnic. It is quick and simple to make and is bound to become one of the dishes that makes your recipe book.
- 2 TBS. flour
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Fontina cheese
- 1/2 jar of salsa
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 oz. grated 4 cheese Mexican blend
- 1 lb. of your favorite pasta, cooked al dente
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the flour and milk until it comes to a boil. Continue cooking a minute longer. Add cheeses and remove from heat, stirring until cheese has melted.
- Brown the meat, garlic and onions and then add 1/2 salsa till all is combined. Pour the cheese sauce over the beef mixture and stir.
- Combine with the pasta and into pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish. Top with 4 cheese Mexican blend and baked for 20 minutes in a 350º F. oven.