With Cinco de Mayo coming, I am looking for new recipes. I love Mexican and like coming up with new ideas. This recipe for Mexican Manicotti is a nice twist on Mexican Lasagna. Both are delicious, fun to make and make people happy. Serve with your favorite tequila beverage! 🙂
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 16 ounces picante sauce
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- In bowl, mix uncooked turkey, beans, chili powder, and oregano.
- Spoon into uncooked manicotti shells.
- Place in greased 13×9 baking pan.
- Mix water and sauce, pour over manicotti.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 hour.
- Uncover. Sprinkle with cheese, onions, and olives.
- Bake for 8 minutes more.
- Then add sour cream.