The creamy avocado dressing makes this salad worth of center stage. Mexican salads are great. Feel free to alter ingredients as you wish based on your likes. I like to put a few tablespoons of spicy salsa on top just before serving. The spicy salsa offers a wonderful contrast to the creamy avocado dressing.
Serve this salad at your next lady’s lunch or as a side to a bowl of chili.
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 large avocado
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings. Cover and refrigerate. Toss salad with dressing right before serving.
- 1-1/2 to 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 large tomatoes or 6-7 small tomatoes
- 2 cups corn chips, crushed into pieces
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 15 ounce can pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- Black olives/Jalapenos to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in a big serving bowl and toss well with dressing. Serve immediately.