- 1 whole nappa cabbage, washed, trimmed, and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1 cup sugar snap peas – cut bite-sized
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4-1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 very small sweet onion, grated on the finest holes of your grater (it should almost liquefy)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Toss the cabbage, sugar snap peas, carrots, pine nuts, and sesame seeds in a large salad bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk to mix well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Makes about 6 servings.