- 1 cup dried black beans
- 1 cup dried red beans
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 cup dried white beans
- 1 cup split green peas
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 pound diced cooked ham
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans and split green peas. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a large stockpot; cover with water. Add navy beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas and kidney beans. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Add ham, tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, garlic and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Makes 12 servings.