The Olive Garden makes delicious Fettuccine Alfredo. This is a great Olive Garden copycat recipe for their Fettuccine Alfredo.
- 2 cups half and half (or 1 cup milk and 1 cup heavy cream)
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh shredded Romano cheese
- 4 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or white)
- 1 pound of fettuccine, cooked to package directions
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- In a medium heat safe bowl, whisk egg yolks until lightened in color. Set aside.
- Whisk together butter, garlic and half & half, bring to a simmer, in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cheeses and whisk to combine.
- Remove from heat. Slowly pour 1 cup of cheese mixture into egg yolks, while whisking. Be careful to pour slowly and whisk while pouring to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Pour egg mixture back into saucepan over low heat and whisk until well combined. Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Alfredo sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Pour over your favorite fettuccine and serve.