There is nothing like a big, hot, bowl of soup on a cold day. The Olive Garden has some wonderful soups and I believe this Pasta Fagioli is one of them. This is Pasta Fagioli is hearty enough to be served as the meal. I like to serve it with a nice crusty Italian bread and sprinkle it with some fresh grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
- 3 tsp oil
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups) onion (chopped)
- 14 oz (1 3/4 cups)carrots (thinly sliced)
- 14 oz (1 3/4 cups) celery (diced)
- 48 oz canned tomatoes (diced)
- 2 cup cooked red kidney beans (drain)
- 2 cup cooked white kidney beans (drain)
- 80 oz (10 cups) beef stock
- 3 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp pepper
- 5 tsp parsley (chopped)
- 1½ tsp Tabasco sauce
- 48 oz spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz pasta shell macaroni
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and cook beef with ginger and garlic until all water of beef would get dry.
- Add beans, beef stock, oregano, pepper, Tabasco and spaghetti sauce to beef and let it boil.
- After that add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes and simmer for 10 min so that all flavors blend well.
- Add chopped parsley and macaroni and simmer again until pasta, celery and carrots are tender it would take 30 min. Delicious pasta e fagioli is ready to serve hot.
To make fantastic copycat recipes similar to Olive Garden’s Pasta Fagioli, Click Here! to grab a copy of Divine Recipes. Here you will find recipes from Applebees, Chilis, T.G.I. Fridays, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and more!