These Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries bring back great memories each time I make them. I was first exposed to the idea of Garlic Parmesan French Fries in a steak house restaurant on a Princess Cruise. We ordered them as an appetizer for my son (because the appetizers on the menu didn’t appeal to him) and we all proceeded to eat his Garlic Parmesan French Fries. And, because we did, we ordered more as an appetizer, and them 2 more to have with our dinner.
Warning: These are very addictive!
If you have any love for potatoes and for garlic, you are going to adore this recipe for Oven Baked Garlic Parmesan French Fries!
- 4 large unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F
- Place the potatoes in a mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with garlic, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt. Toss until evenly coated.
- Lift the fries out of the bowl and spread onto a nonstick baking sheet in a single layer. Save the remaining oil in the bowl.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, flipping the fries halfway through baking. Return the fries to the bowl with the olive oil, sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss to coat, then spread again onto the baking sheet. Return to the oven, and bake until the Parmesan cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the fries with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt to serve.