P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps – YUM! The trickiest part of this recipe is removing the lettuce leaves so that they are perfect for “wrapping” your wrap! It is worth the work!
- 8 shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp water
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 onions, minced
- 2 small dried chilies, (optional)
- 1 (8 oz) can bamboo shoots, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, minced
- 1 package cellophane Chinese rice noodles, prepared according to package
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- “Lettuce Jammers” lettuce wraps
- Cover mushrooms with boiling water, let stand 30 minutes then drain.
- Cut and discard woody stems. Minces mushrooms. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for cooking sauce in bowl, and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry water, soy sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken. Stir to coat chicken thoroughly. Stir in 1 tsp. oil and let sit 15 minutes to marinate.
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add 3 Tbsp oil, then add chicken and stir fry for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil to pan. Add ginger, garlic, chilies(if desired), and onion; stir fry about a minute or so. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir fry an additional 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan. Add mixed cooking sauce to pan. Cook until thickened and hot.
- Break cooked cellophane noodles into small pieces, and cover bottom of serving dish with them. Then pour chicken mixture on top of noodles.
- Spoon into lettuce leaf and roll.