This recipe for Papparadelle Pasta with Mushrooms and Peas was created because of a craving for papparadelle pasta. I love this tender pasta. Feel free to switch which types of mushrooms you use. Add chunks of fresh mozzarella cheese to add a bit of rich creaminess or fresh asparagus for a change of pace.
- 1 pound papparadella pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large cloves of minced garlic
- 3 shallots, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 6 -8 canned or marinated artichoke hearts, cut up
- 1 pound of mushrooms – I mixed white mushrooms with baby bella mushrooms
- half of a Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 box frozen peas
- 4-5 leaves of fresh basil – cut thin
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup freshly grated pecorino ramano cheese
- Cook pappardella pasta according to directions
- In a large pan, saute garlic, shallots, mushrooms, scallions, peas and vidalia onions in olive oil and butter until just cooked. Add artichoke hears and half and half and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and put one third of the pasta into a large bowl, then add vegetables, and grated cheese. Continue by layering ingredients and toss all. Serve immediately.