Parmesan and garlic together make a wonderful combination! Added to potatoes you get these crispy yet tender potatoes that make the perfect side dish. This recipe can be made with your favorite potatoes. Baking potatoes, Eastern potatoes, Yukon Golds – each work well with this recipe. Use your favorite potatoes or even a mixture of different types of potatoes.
If you have your grill going, this recipe can be made in a cast iron skillet in the grill. Talk about crispy! If you decide to use the grill, make sure to turn the potatoes so that they brown evenly.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic, and oregano to a large bowl. Toss in the potatoes and mix until coated then lay in a single layer on your baking sheet. Salt and pepper to taste. Give a good sprinkle of additional parmesan on top.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.