There is nothing like a dish of warm peach cobbler on a summer evening. Fresh peaches a bit a Bisquick and some spices and you are in heaven. This recipe can be altered to include other fresh fruits – like apples or blueberries. Serve warm or cool, with ice cream or whipped cream.
- 6 fresh unpeeled peaches, cut into bite-size pieces – 4 heaping cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix 1 1/2 cups Bisquick, 1/4 cup quick oats, 1/4 cup sugar together in a bowl
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix of Bisquick, quick oats and sugar, to make 2 cups – I use about 1 ½ cups of Bisquick, ¼ cup quick oats, ¼ cup sugar, but don’t worry about being precise
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice, and put in 8x8x2 baking dish.
- Combine Bisquick mix described above with spices and butter. Cut until it forms coarse crumbs. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.