Fresh peaches are now in season so it is time to take advantage of all the great recipes using peaches. Peach pie is one of those recipes that says it is definitely summer. I love to serve peach pie warm out of the oven. Some like to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to their peach pie. No matter how it is served, this peach pie satisfies.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (sprinkled over the peaches)
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Stir in the peach slices and fold to coat with sugar/flour mixture.
- Pour into a 9-inch unbaked pie shell. Dot with butter. Cover with top crust, seal edges and crimp. Make vents in top crust. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until crust is golden brown.