Peach Salsa – wonderful at this time of year. Peaches are coming in from all over and if you live in farm country as I do, you are probably buying them at your local orchard. This recipe for peach salsa brings together a combination of flavors that cannot be beat.
Peach salsa can be served as an accompaniment to chicken, fish, or meats, used as a dip, or tossed with pasta or rice to make delicious picnic salads.
Use your imagination and see how wonderful this peach salsa is.
- 4 small peaches, peeled and diced
- Juice of 2 limes, about 1/4 cup juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or sweet onion
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until serving time. The flavors are best if the salsa is refrigerated for 4 hours or overnight.
Serve with grilled or broiled fish, pork, or chicken.
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups.