Everyone knows and loves Rice Krispie Bars. . . but we all love Cheerios too. Here is a great recipe for two of my favorite foods – peanut butter and Cheerios. These Peanut Butter Cheerios Bars are easy to make and are a great on-the-go snack. They are great for kids but, I promise, everyone will love them.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (10.5 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- Butter a 9 x 13″ glass dish and set aside.
- In a large stock pot over medium low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until mostly melted.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to stir until the marshmallows and peanut butter are completely melted and smooth.
- Add the Cheerios and mix until the cereal is well incorporated into the marshmallow mixture.
- Press bars into the glass dish and allow to cool.
- Cut into bars when cool
Makes 16 large bars.