Cookie baking season is upon us and what better than a new cookie recipe to add to your offerings this year. Peanut Butter Delights are for those who love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter (almost everyone).
These cookies are both eye appealing and delicious. Make these cookies for the holidays and have a new favorite!
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 to 45 chocolate-covered miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 teaspoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor
- All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- Combine shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Form rounded teaspoonfuls of dough around each peanut butter cup. Enclose entirely. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just browned. Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- Combine shortening, chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on Medium (50% power) 1 minute. Stir. Repeat until smooth.
- Dip cookie tops in chocolate. Let stand until chocolate is set.