These Peanut Noodles with Chicken are a great option if you are looking for high impact flavor while eating healthy. You can make this recipe with or without chicken.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups cooked, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup natural-style peanut butter (such as Smucker’s)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chile sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine chicken and bell peppers in a colander. Drain pasta over chicken mixture; let stand 5 minutes.
Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add water, peanut butter, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, and chile sauce.
Cook until thoroughly heated, stirring with a whisk. Combine pasta mixture and sauce in a large bowl; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cilantro.