This pecan pie recipe is decadent, rich and delicious. Included is a unique pecan pie crust recipe, to compliment the pecan filling perfectly. Warm pecan pie served with ice cream is an elegant and flavorful way to end any meal.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 9 inch pie crust, baked (crust recipe below)
- Beat sugar, eggs, butter, salt, and syrup with mixer. Stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 375 F until filling is firm.
Pecan Pie Pastry
Makes 2 pie crusts
- 2 tb finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 c unbleached flour
- 1/4 ts salt
- 3 tb shortening
- cold water
- dried beans
- In a small mixing bowl stir together flour, salt and chopped pecans.
- Cut in shortening with two knives or a pastry whisk until crumbly.
- Sprinkle cold water over mixture; gently toss with a fork. Repeat until moistened into a dough.
- Form dough into a ball. On a lightly floured surface roll the ball into a 10-inch circle.
- Line a non-metal pie plate with the pastry and flute the edge. Cover surface of pastry with clear plastic wrap.
- Spread dried beans on top of the plastic wrap to a depth of 1 inch.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 70% power for 6 minutes, rotating the dish a half-turn every 2 minutes. Carefully lift plastic wrap and remove beans from pastry. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 70% power about 2 minutes or till pastry is dry.