A dear friend brought this delicious Waldorf Salad to our home for Easter dinner. It is positively delicious! I can see this served over a bed of lettuce, mixed in yogurt, or eaten from a bowl. It offers a wonderful combination of flavors and textures. Definitely a “keeper recipe!”
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 small (Gala or Fuji) apples, cubed
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or candied walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves (if desired)
- Combine mayonnaise or Greek yogurt, Cool Whip, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add apples, grapes, and cranberries; mix well.
- Add the walnuts and celery, and mix well.
- Serve it on a bed of 2 lettuce leaves, if desired.
- The salad can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.