When you are looking for a can’t miss recipe, Penne Vodka fits the bill. With just a few ingredients, you can quickly and easily prepare a gourmet meal that everyone will love.
Below is the recipe I use. Give it a try, I’ll bet it will become one of the recipes you rely on when you are looking for something special, inexpensive and easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound Pancetta, diced
- 4 cups Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil and add the Pancetta. Sauté until browned.
- Deglaze with the vodka. Remember to take the pan off the stove so the vodka doesn’t flame up – be aware that it might ignite.
- Bring back to a simmer and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and heavy cream, stir to incorporate and simmer until sauce is heated thorough.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, combine until melted and heated though.