If you love perogis, you will love this recipe for Perogi Lasagna. This is one of those comfort food recipes perfect for the family on a cool evening.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of onions, finely chopped (about 5 onions)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese plus another 3/4 cup for top of lasagna
- 6 cups warm seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 pound of bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions, then drain and set aside.
- Cook bacon, drain and allow to cool. Crumble.
- Over medium heat, in a large skillet, melt butter and add onions and salt. Saute for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Keep 1/2 cup sauteed onions for later use as topping. Add remaining onions, pepper, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese to mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Place 3 noodles on bottom the sprayed baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of potato mixture onto the noodles and sprinkle with 1/3 of the crumbled bacon. (Save a bit of bacon for garnish on top layer of lasagna)
- Repeat layers until a total of 4 layers of noodles and 3 layers of potato mixture have been completed (with a layer of noodles on top).
- Add the remaining sauteed onions, 3/4 cup cheese to top, and remaining bacon to top.
- Cover with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.