Pork chops are a comfort food. There are lots of different ways to prepare pork chops, but sometimes the simplest recipes are the ones that stand out. There is nothing special about the ingredients of this recipe, but the results are extraordinary.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lb pork chops
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic in a large shallow bowl. Dredge each pork chop into the flour mixture to coat evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- Place oil in a large, heavy skillet and heat over high. When hot, add chops to skillet and cook 3 minute each side, until browned and crisp, working in batches as to not overcrowd the pan. Cook until internal temperature is 145 degrees (medium) / 160 degrees (well done)
- Drain on paper towels and serve.