- 1 Chicken cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 8 thyme sprigs
- 8 unpeeled garlic cloves, bruised with the side of your knife
- 1/2 tsp of dried chilli flakes
- 11/2 cups of dry white wine
- 2 tbs of chopped parsley
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large, ovenproof casserole over medium heat. Melt the butter in the pan with the olive oil (to prevent the butter burning).
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper and place skin side down in the pan. Brown on all sides until nice and golden. You will probably need to do this in batches.
- When the chicken is brown all over arrange all the pieces in the pan and add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, chili flakes and white wine. Allow it to bubble for about 2 minutes before putting the lid on and transferring to the oven for approximately 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let stand, uncovered for 10 minutes before sprinkling with chopped parsley and serving.
- Serve this with Risotto or creamy mashed potatoes.