This is the traditional pumpkin pie recipe served at holiday dinners. Filled with aromatic spices like nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; it is a decadently delicious pumpkin pie everyone will love! Serving it with whipped cream is traditional, and making homemade whipped cream is definitely worth the extra time. The recipe follows the pumpkin pie recipe, it’s the basic whipped cream recipe (very easy to make and tastes incredible). If you want to make your crust from scratch, our pie crust recipe will create a perfect flaky crust for your pumpkin pie.
- 2 cups pumpkin (canned or puree)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups half and half (whole milk can be substituted)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 9 inch pie crust (from scratch or Pillsbury)
- Preheat over to 425F.
- Place pumpkin in a bowl, add 2 tablespoons melted butter and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs well. Beat in milk, brown sugar, salt, and spices until thoroughly blended. Add in the pumpkin mixture, mix well.
- Pour into pie shell and place in center oven rack at 425F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake an additional 30-40 minutes until the filling is firm.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream 1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Using an electric mixer, whip cream until almost stiff. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until cream holds peaks. Spread over top of cooled pie or serve in a chilled bowl for individual serving.