This Ramen Salad recipe has been around for some time, but is worth remembering. I like to make it with Oriental Ramen and sesame oil though it is not necessary. You could eliminate the sesame oil and substitute chicken flavored ramen for the oriental ramen. Either way, this ramen salad is a great meatless meal that is inexpensive and easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) package coleslaw
- 1 (3 ounce) package Oriental-flavored ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet for dressing
- 1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 box of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup oil plus one tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Flavor packet from Ramen noodles
- Mix all salad ingredients except noodles in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients thoroughly.
- Break up the (uncooked) noodles into chunks and add last.
- Toss together salad and dressing and serve.