I love coconut and raspberries…and shortbread. These Raspberry Coconut Bars have it all.
They are simple to make and worth the effort.
FOR THE SHORTBREAD CRUST:
- 1 cup Butter, At Room Temperature
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1 cup Raspberry Jam
- 1/4 cups Melted Butter
- 1- 1/3 cup Sweetened Coconut (plus A Handful For Sprinkling)
- 2 Eggs Slightly Beaten
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Start by making the shortbread crust. Cream together 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg, vanilla and flour and blend well.
- Pat the mixture into a well greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Spread raspberry jam over the shortbread crust.
- Mix the melted butter, coconut, 2 eggs and tsp of sugar.
- Spread this evenly over the layer of jam.
- Sprinkle a generous handful of coconut over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan and then cut into bars.