Here is a great recipe I found on Epicurious. With summer just around the corner, this cake is a no brainer. Fresh berries can be used instead of frozen berries and you can even use strawberries instead of raspberries if you are so inclined. Here in NJ, local strawberries will be in our markets very soon.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9″-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended. Then fold in butter, followed by 3/4 cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining 1/4 cup raspberries over top.
- Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.
- Do ahead: Cake can be made 2 days ahead. Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Calories 405 – Fat 19 g – Fiber 1 g