Image Source: Cookpad.com
Red Pepper Jam is a really nice addition to mild cheeses, crackers, sandwiches, etc. You can change the proportions and add more jalapeno pepper if you like it really spicy or you can eliminate the jalapenos altogether if you prefer.
- 3 cups finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place the red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and jalapeño peppers into a large saucepan over high heat. Mix in the apple cider vinegar and sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil while stirring constantly. Reduce heat and allow to cook for about 20 minutes or until jelly is to desired thickness.
- Let it cool a bit and ladle the jelly into your jars, filling each to 1/4 inch from the top.
- Allow jars them to cool completely before refrigerating.