Ricotta and fresh basil most often are found in your favorite lasagna but this combination tastes great as a spread when a few other fresh ingredients are added. I made this Ricotta Basil Spread for the first time when I was looking for an appetizer to bring to a party. It is easy to make and can be made ahead of time and stored in the frige. I served this Ricotta Basil spread on oven toasted Italian bread. Delicious!
- 1 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 clove fresh garlic, smashed with 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth in consistency. Adjust seasoning and store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Serve on toasted Italian bread, with fresh vegetables, or on a sandwich in place of mayonnaise.